|"Together, they create feel-good music, soaked in classic soul and served on a 21st-century platter."
The Boom Booms are an Alt–Soul band from Vancouver, BC. They’ve toured across North America, Latin America and Europe. Their debut album "Hot Rum", written on their inaugural tour from Vancouver to Panama, blends Latin, folk, reggae and rock.This album garnered a dedicated fan base spanning continents and generations.
Their sophomore album "Love Is Overdue" was produced by Grammy–award winner, Chin Injeti, drawing on more soulful influences. The Boom Booms live show is highly energetic, honest and original, resulting in them headlining the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival (2012) for 7,000 people and slots at the province’s top music festivals like Squamish Valley Music Festival (2013) and Pemberton Music Festival (2014).
They spent three months in Brazil, shooting and funding their socially charged documentary, "Boom Boom Brazil".
They were awarded $75,000 in BC’s prestigious Peak Performance Project and The Georgia Straight readers voted them Best Unsigned Band in Vancouver four years in a row.
Since 2008 The Boom Booms have thrown their own block parties, donating over $20,000 to local and international community initiatives. In 2013 the event expanded into a festival called East Van Summer Jam, bringing in acts such as Mayer Hawthorne, Ab–Soul and BJ The Chicago Kid. They are currently working on their 3rd full–length album after selling out the Live Nation concert venue, The Commodore Ballroom (2015).
THE BOOM BOOMS HAVE PLAYED OVER 1,000 SHOWS IN NORTH AMERICA, SOUTH AMERICA AND EUROPE COMBINED SINCE 2008
- 2016 - Opened for Sublime at Legends Music Festival.
- 2015 - Sold out Live Nation concert venue, The Commodore Ballroom, in Vancouver, BC.
- 2015 - Awarded The Georgia Straight’s "Best Unsigned Band" four years in a row: ‘12 to ‘15.
- 2014 - Performed Pemberton Music Festival.
- 2013 - Featured choir in Aloe Blacc’s song, "The Man".
- 2013 - Performed SXSW showcase
- 2013 - Performed CMW showcase
- 2013 - Performed Squamish Valley Music Festival.
- 2013 - Founded East Van Summer Jam; a charitable music festival.
- 2012 - Headlined the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival at David Lam Park.
- 2012 - Performed Sarah MacLauchlan’s Voices in the Park with Bryan Adams, Sarah MacLauchlan, Stevie Nicks and Hedley.
- 2012 - Shore 104.3 Best of BC winner; awarded $10,000.
- 2011 - Peak Performance 2nd place winner; awarded $75,000.
- 2011 - Produced and starred in the travel documentary, "Boom Boom Brazil".
- 2009 - "When the Night" music video made #6 on the MUCH Music Countdown.
- 2009 - "When the Night" featured in an episode of 90210.
- 2008 - "Delivered" awarded "Best Roots Song" at the Just Plain Folks Music Awards in Nashville, TN.
The Boom Booms are:
- Aaron Ross - Lead Singer
- Sean Ross - Keys
- Geordie Hart - Bass
- Tom Van Deursen - Guitar
- Theo Vincent - Drums, Percussion
"Felt like we had visitied five countries without leaving the field. Became a world traveller for an hour and a half, these men are top notch. Fun and entertaining, a must for a festival."
- Alert Bay Seafest, Kim Mercer
"Aaron's music combines the raw emotional intensity of Ben
Harper and the cultural diversity of Manu Chao, with a sound
that harkens back to old time folk and soul."
- CBC Radio 3
"The Golden Voice of the [Edinburgh] Festival...Aaron pours his heart and soul into each and every song...definitely a talent to watch for in the future."
- Festival FM
"The sound is going to get you up, dance, and love somebody."
- The Free Press
"Some of the tightest, smoothest, sexiest soul and funk produced in the city right now"
- The Georgia Straight